I remember this always being a family favorite growing up. It was one of my favorites! I was always asking my Mom to make them.
I like how budget-friendly they are as well as how ridiculously easy they are to make. The last time I made them our oldest boy got right in and helped us make the whole recipe.
I have to admit I can never eat a small amount of this. It is just too darn good. They are a major weakness of mine. Seriously, you have got to put these on lockdown!
One year for Christmas we really could not afford much when it came to Christmas presents for siblings. So instead, I made a huge batch of these delicious squares, wrapped them up, and gifted them. The smiles on their faces were priceless!
Half of it was due to the great memories this treat brought back. It’s a taste you simply cannot forget! So, pour yourself a glass of milk and cut a giant hunk of this goodness!
- Cookie sheet
- Large pot
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Karo light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 5-6 cups special-k cereal or plain corn flakes
- 1 12oz bag of butterscotch chips
- 1 12oz bag of chocolate chips
- Bring sugar, Karo light corn syrup, and peanut butter to a boil in a large pot on medium heat.
- Take the pan off of the heat and mix in the cereal a cup at a time. (It will get a little tough to stir towards the end so use a strong spoon or spatula).
- Spread the mixture on a small greased cookie sheet and pat down.
- Melt the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips until smooth and combined.
- Pour the chocolate butterscotch mixture over the cereal mix on the cookie sheet. Spread it out evenly.
- Let it cool and sit for a few hours until set. If you are in a hurry sometimes putting it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or so helps.
- Cut into squares and eat!
12 thoughts on “Special-K Bars”
Hands down my favorite dessert right now!!! I cannot believe how easy it is to make!
My stomach is growling. I must print this delicious recipe because it’s so easy to make. I always love trying new recipes, especially when there’s peanut butter in them.
These are such a weakness of mine. I can never ever eat just one. Or two. Or three 😬 The butterscotch chips paired with the peanut butter and chocolate are what really complete this treat!
This recipe for Special-K bars is great! I also remember my mother making these! Great way to pack in the peanut butter protein! Yummy.
What a unique blend of flavors these special K bars are! Definitely would satisfy a sweet tooth!!!
These Special K bars remind me of bars my Grandmother used to make. Yummy and nostalgic.
These Special-K bars look fairly easy to make. It’s so nice when a treat/food brings back memories from your childhood!
These look delicious! I used to love special K bars, but they look even better homemade
I’m going to try making these Special-K bars. They look so good…and would gladly accept them them as a gift. Great idea!
I love this recipe! Special K bars are the best!
Special K bars looks easy to make! I’ll bet your family enjoyed receiving these treats as gifts.
Love how easy the Special-K Bars recipe is. The recipe is easy to follow. Thank you for sharing