- Collecting Information about You
Categories and Types of Personal Information We Collect
When you leave a comment at THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING or subscribe to any of our e-mail newsletters. We collect the following categories and types of personal information:
- Contact Information: your first and last name, postal address, email address, and phone number;
- Other identifying information: IP address, passwords and other security information for authentication and access;
- Internet or other electronic activity: your browsing and click history, including information about how you navigate within our services and which elements of our services you use the most;
Categories of Use
- Newsletter: In accordance with current rules and regulations regarding personal data protection, we inform you that the email address you have provided to us shall be included in a database held by THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING with the purpose of managing your subscription request and to regularly send you our Newsletter. THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING informs that the legal basis for the processing of your personal data is your knowing consent.
- Analytical Purposes: THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING uses your other identifying information, internet activity and browsing history and geographic location data to analyze preferences, trends and statistics.
- Marketing and Promotional Purposes: THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING uses your contact information, internet or other electronic activity, geographic location data, and inferences to:
- Inform you of our new services and offers;
- Provide you with targeted advertising;
- Maintenance and Improvement of Services and Website: THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING uses your contact information, commercial information, and internet activity and browsing history to:
- Provide and maintain functionality on our Website;
- Handle your User services requests; and
- Help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our stores, Websites and apps.
- Security and Fraud Prevention: THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING uses your contact information, other identifying information, geolocation data, internet activity and browsing history, and inferences to protect this Website, our blog, and others and to prevent fraud, theft and misconduct.
- Cookies Policy
Session cookies: These are only stored on your computer during your web session. They are automatically deleted when the browser is closed. They usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a Website without having to log in to each page. They do not collect any information from your computer.
Persistent cookies: A persistent cookie is one stored as a file on your computer, and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the Website that created it when you visit that Website again.
First-party cookies: The function of this type of cookie is to retain your preferences for a particular Website for the entity that owns that Website. They are stored and sent between THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING’s servers and your computer’s hard drive. They are not used for anything other than for personalization as set by you. These cookies may be either Session or Persistent cookies.
Third-party cookies: The function of this type of cookie is to retain your interaction with a particular Website for an entity that does not own that Website. They are stored and sent between the third-party’s server and your computer’s hard drive. These cookies are usually persistent cookies.
- Google’s use of the advertising cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the internet.
- Users may opt out of the use of the advertising cookie for interest-based advertising by visiting Ad Settings.
We also use generally cookies as follows:
These cookies allow our Website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced features. For instance, a Site may be able to remember your log in details, so that you do not have to repeatedly sign in to your account when using a particular device to access our Website. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, font and other parts of web pages that you can customize. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on an article. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymized. They do not gather any information about you that could be used for advertising or remember where you have been on the internet.
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a Site, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. They also allow us to record and count the number of visitors to a Site, all of which enables us to see how visitors use a Site in order to improve the way that the Site works. The information these cookies collect is normally anonymous and is used to improve how our Website works. However, some of these cookies may include Personal Information.
Please consult your web browser’s ‘Help’ documentation or visit www.aboutcookies.org. for more information about how to turn cookies on and off for your browser.
These cookies are used to deliver content relevant to your interests on a Site and third party sites based on how you interact with our advertisements or content.
- Web Beacons: A Site may also use web beacons (including web beacons supplied or provided by third parties) alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about users’ usage of a Site and interaction with e-mails from THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Party. Web beacons are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as cookies, when you viewed a particular Site tied to the web beacon, and a description of a Site tied to the web beacon. We use web beacons to operate and improve the Website and e-mail communications. We may use information from web beacons in combination with other data we have about our clients to provide you with information about THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING and our services. We will conduct this review on an anonymous basis.
- IP Addresses: When you visit our Website, we collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses to track and aggregate non-Personal Information. For example, we use IP addresses to monitor the regions from which users navigate the Website. IP addresses will be stored in such a way so that you cannot be identified from the IP address.
- How we use your Personal Information
Internal and service-related usage. THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING uses and retains information, including personal information, to improve and facilitate our Services, including:
- to analyze interactions with and performance of our Services;
- to debug and identify errors that impair functionality;
- to detect security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity;
- for research related to technological development and demonstration;
- to improve or enhance our THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Services or Website.
Advertising. THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING may use personal information to help us deliver targeted advertising including to consumers directly and through unaffiliated advertising partners, to measure the effectiveness of advertising on behalf of our advertising partners, and to identify the audience most likely to respond to an advertisement.
Communications. THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING may send communications via email or SMS to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, User service, or system maintenance.
Marketing. THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING may use information about you, including personal information, to send you information about THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING’s Services, including by email, SMS, phone, or mail.
Non-personal Information. THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING may use aggregated or other data that is not personal information for any purpose, including marketing. These uses may include but are not limited to analyzing interactions with and performance of our Services, enabling us to improve our Services, and sharing such information with our business partners, affiliates, or any other third party. Similarly, we may enhance any such and aggregated data collected via our Services with other information collected from our business partners.
- Operationally Necessary: This includes technologies that allow you to access our Services and tools that are required to maintain functionality and monitor and protect our Services.
- Performance-Related: This includes technologies that allow us to assess the performance of our Services and help us understand how our users and visitors interact with our Services.
- Functionality-Related: This includes technologies that allow us to offer you an enhanced experience when using our Services, such as identifying you when you sign in to your account or keeping track of your preferences.
- Advertising or Targeting-Related: We may use first- or third-party Technologies to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests on our Services or on third-party Websites and Websites.
- When We Share Information with Third Parties
THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING may share personal information with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with any THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Brands.
Law Enforcement and Courts
In certain instances THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING may disclose your contact information when we have reason to believe that it is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against persons or entities who may be causing injury to you, to THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Brands or to others. We may also disclose your contact information when we believe the law or legal process requires it.
- 5. Protection of your information
Security of your personal information:
THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of your personal information in our custody and control. We also are committed to employing reasonable procedures and technology in order to protect the security of our Website.
Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or use your personal information for improper purposes.
Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk and THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING is not responsible.
Third Party Affiliates, Links, And Advertising:
This Website may contain advertising for or links to our affiliates, business partners, or other third parties. Please refer to the individual policies of any links and affiliates found on the Website as they may have different collection, protection, and disclosure procedures from those contained in this Policy. THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING is not responsible for the content or for the policies of these third party Websites.
- Information Disclosure and Correction Requests
You may request access to the personal information that we have about you. If you are a registered user or member, you can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. You may also contact us (see “Contact Us” section below) to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you do not wish to have your personal information used by the Blog to promote our own or third parties’ Services, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request. You may also change your marketing preferences or remove yourself from our mailing list by clicking on the “unsubscribe” hyperlink contained at the bottom of the emails we send to you.
- Data retention
We retain information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide Services. We will also retain and use information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Do Not Track Disclosure
When you visit the Site, we may also collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. Because there is not yet a consensus on how companies should respond to web browser-based mechanisms, we do not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
- Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under 18 years of age, and our Services are not directed to children under the age of 18. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, you may alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact information for Privacy issues
For any questions or concerns about your use of our Blog, please contact us at email@example.com.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PLEASE READ THESE THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE.
By using THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Website, you indicate that you have read and accept these Terms and agree to abide by and be bound by all such Terms. If you do not accept all applicable Terms, please refrain from using THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Website. Please note that we may change these Terms from time to time without notice so you should review them each time that you visit this Website.
In addition to these Terms, THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Website may have supplementary terms and conditions which apply to the Website(s) on which they appear or the services available on the Website (“Additional Terms”).
- THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING BLOG DISCLAIMER
All the information on this website https://thrivingonashoestring.com/blog/ is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING), is strictly at your own risk. THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.
The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
From our website, you can visit other websites by following hyperlinks to such external sites. While we strive to provide only quality links to useful and ethical websites, we have no control over the content and nature of these sites. These links to other websites do not imply a recommendation for all the content found on these sites.
Please be also aware that when you leave our website, other sites may have different privacy policies and terms which are beyond our control. Please be sure to check the Privacy Policies of these sites as well as their “Terms of Service” before engaging in any business or uploading any information.
- Content Validity: This blog is a work in progress and dynamic. The content and the topics change as well as the platforms we write about (e. social media tutorials and guidelines, for example, are often outdated within a few months). The information published herein might not be valid or accurate two weeks or two years from now. Content, sources, information and links change over time, and therefore, the blogger makes no claims of accuracy of such information as the blog and its content evolves over time. Therefore, this blog does not reflect content validity. All content is for personal use. If you find that a tutorial or a product review is outdated, please feel free to send me a request for an updated tutorial or product review.
- External Links:This blogger does her best to link to content that is discussed in the blogs- i.e. consumer reviews, tutorials, and the like. As stated above in validity and accuracy, if this blogger makes a mistake of publishing an inaccurate or incorrect link, this blog and blogger disclaims responsibility. URLs and domain names along with businesses are dynamic and change. What is at the end of a link is not the responsibility of this blogger. If you bring the incorrect link to the author’s knowledge, we will try to change it. Further, there are advertisements and badges on this blog and this blogger will be held harmless for users who click on these advertisements. These ads are not sponsored for financial gain and the links are not owned by this blogger/Thriving on a shoestring if there is an issue for products purchased or clicking on said advertisements, it is the end user’s responsibility and this blogger/Thriving on a shoestring will be held harmless. The blogger/Thriving on a shoestring will not be part of any disputes between advertisers and the end user/reader.
- LIABILITY OF THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING
The use of the THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Website and the Content is at your own risk.
THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING assumes no liability for or relating to the delay, interruption, failure or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in association with use of the THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Website.
The THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING WEBSITE AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING, ITS LICENSORS, AND ITS BLOGGER/OWNERS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIE’S RIGHTS, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING, ITS LICENSORS, AND ITS BLOGGER/OWNERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE FOLLOWING:
- The accuracy, completeness, reliability, correctness, or timeliness of the THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Content, software, links, or communications provided on or through the use of the THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Website or THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING.
- The satisfaction of any government regulations requiring disclosure of information or the approval or compliance of any software tools with regard to the Content contained on the THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Website.
In no event shall THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING, its licensors, its blogger/owners, its suppliers, or any third parties mentioned on the THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING website be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, incidental and consequential damages, lost profits, personal injury/wrongful death, or damages resulting from business interruption or lost data) resulting from the use of or inability to use the THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Website or the Content, whether based on warranty, tort, contract, or any other legal theory, and whether or not THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING, its licensors, its blogger/owners, its suppliers, or any third parties mentioned on the THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Website are advised of the possibility of such damages.
- PROJECTS / DIYS / TUTORIALS; NO GUARANTEE OF RESULTS.
Neither THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING nor any of our contributors claim to be professionals in the areas of DIY (do-it-yourself) projects or home improvement. We are simply people who enjoy decorating, DIY projects, and home improvement projects, and enjoy sharing our process along the way. Our suggestions, methods, and tutorials are not error-free, and we make absolutely no guarantees that readers who tackle these projects will have the same outcome.
If you wish to use one of the tutorials on this website, you do so at your own risk. Please use extra safety precautions (even if they are not specifically mentioned in the tutorial, e.g., the use of protective goggles, gloves, etc., when needed), and do any additional research needed so that you feel comfortable taking on these projects and using the suggested tools.
THE BLOG POSTS ON THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING ARE BASED ON THE PERSONAL EXPERIENCES AND PERSONAL EXPERIMENTS OF THE BLOGER/OWNER. THESE BLOGS OR WRITINGS PROVIDED ON THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING WEBSITE ARE FOR ENTERTAINMENT, EDUCATIONAL AND INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THE USER ACCEPTS, AGREES AND UNDERSTANDS THAT YOU ARE FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PROGRESS AND RESULTS FROM YOUR PARTICIPATION AND THAT THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING OFFERS NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES VERBALLY OR IN WRITING REGARDING YOUR RESULTS OF ANY KIND.
- ASSUMPTION OF RISK.
As with all situations, there are sometimes unknown individual risks and circumstances that can arise during use of our Website or Blog (THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING) that cannot be foreseen that can influence or reduce results. You understand that any mention of any suggestion or recommendation on or through our Website or Blog is to be taken at your own risk, with no liability on my part, recognizing that there is a rare chance that illness, injury or even death could result, and you agree to assume all risks.
You as a User of THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING must be 18 years of age or older to use the THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Website, or visit or use the Website in any manner. By visiting and using the Website or accepting this Agreement, you represent and warrant to THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING that you as a User are 18 years of age or older, your registration and your use of the THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Website is in compliance with any and all laws and regulations and that you have the right, authority and capacity to use the THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Blog available through the Website and agree to and abide by this Agreement.
- THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING CONTENT
THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING includes all materials that are included in, made available on, or are otherwise a part of the Services, including, without limitation, information, text, data, photographs, videos, audio clips, articles, illustrations, Website software, technologies, source and object codes, designs, graphics, layouts, artwork and advertisements supplied by THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING or its licensors (the “THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Content”). THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Content is protected by intellectual property laws, including copyright, trademark, service marks, and other proprietary rights of the United States.
THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferrable, revocable and limited license to access and use the Services and THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Content in the manner described in this Agreement. You may not otherwise make unauthorized commercial use of, reproduce, prepare derivative works, distribute copies, perform, or publicly display THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Content, except as permitted by the fair use doctrine or as authorized in writing by THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING. You may not sell, license, rent, or otherwise use or exploit the THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Content for any commercial use or in any way that violates any third-party right.
- AVAILABILITY OF CONTENT
THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING does not guarantee that any THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Content will be made available on or through the Services. THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING reserves the right to, but does not have an obligation to: (a) remove, edit, modify, or otherwise manipulate any THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Content in its sole discretion, at any time, with or without notice to you and for any or no reason; and (b) to remove or block any Content from the Services.
- ACCEPTABLE USE
Except as otherwise explicitly provided in these THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Terms or as may be expressly permitted by applicable law, you as a User will not, and will not permit or authorize third parties to:
(a) rent, lease, or, except as explicitly set forth in these THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Terms, otherwise permit third parties to use the THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Services;
(b) use the THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Services to provide services to third parties as a service or in any way that violates applicable law;
(c) disable any security or other technological features or measures of the THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Services, or attempt to scan, probe, or test the vulnerability of a network or system, or to breach security or authentication measures;
(d) upload on THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING or provide for processing any material or information that is false, misleading, defamatory, illegal, libelous, abusive, offensive, obscene, or that violates any applicable law or the privacy or intellectual property rights of any third party, or that contains any medical or health information of any individual or any information of any person under the age of 18 without the express, prior, written consent of such persons’ legal guardian;
(e) use the THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Service to harm, harass or threaten another person or organization;
(f) send, store, or distribute any viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or other disabling code or malware component harmful to a network or system;
(g) attempt to scan, probe or test the vulnerability of the THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Services or any of THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING systems or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
(i) mislead recipients as to your (User) identity, create a false caller ID (e.g. ID spoofing), forge addresses or headers, or fraudulently undertake other technical measures to misrepresent the identity of the sender;
(j) use, display, “frame” or “mirror” any part of the THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Services, THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING names, any of THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING trademarks, logos or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page, without prior written authorization from THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING.
You as a User will not copy, reproduce, translate, enhance, modify, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or create derivative works of the THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Service or its underlying software. You will neither remove nor alter any THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING trademark, copyright notice, or other THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING proprietary rights notice that may appear in any part of the THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Service and will include all such notices on any copies.
- USER CONTENT RESTRICTIONS
THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING is not responsible for the content of the Service’s users. You as a User expressly understand and agree that You as a User are entirely responsible for the Content and for all activity that takes place under your THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING account, whether done so by You as a User or any third person using Your account.
You as a User may not transmit any Content that is unlawful, upsetting, offensive, libelous, threatening, defamatory, obscene or objectionable. Examples of such objectionable Content include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Unlawful or promoting unlawful activity.
- Defamatory, discriminatory, or mean-spirited content, including references or commentary about religion, race, sexual orientation, gender, national/ethnic origin, or other targeted groups.
- Spam, machine – or randomly – generated, constituting unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, chain letters, any other form of unauthorized solicitation, or any form of THRIVING ON A SHOESTRINGtery or gambling.
- Containing or installing any viruses, worms, malware, trojan horses, or other content that is designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of a third person.
- Infringing on any proprietary rights of any party, including patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other rights.
- Impersonating any person or entity including the THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING and its employees or representatives.
- Violating the privacy of any third person.
- False information and features.
THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING reserves the right, but not the obligation, to, in its sole discretion, determine whether or not any Content is appropriate and complies with this Terms, refuse or remove this Content. The THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING further reserves the right to make formatting and edits and change the manner any Content. THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING can also limit or revoke the use of the THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Service if You post such objectionable Content.
As THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING cannot control all content posted by users and/or third parties on the Service, you agree to use the THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Service at your own risk. You understand that by using the THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Service You may be exposed to content that You may find offensive, indecent, incorrect or objectionable, and You agree that under no circumstances will THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING be liable in any way for any content, including any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any content.
- Comments Disclaimer: Any comments made on this blog are the expressions of some of the readers and followers of this blog. The author of THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING is not responsible, nor will be held liable, for anything anyone says on this blog in the blog comments. Further, the author is not liable for its readers’ statements nor the laws which they may break in your country or theirs through their comments’ content, implication, and intent.
- THIRD-PARTY LINKS
The THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Service (including User Content) may contain links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING. In no event shall any reference to any third party, third party product or service be construed as an approval or endorsement by THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING of that third party, third party product or third party service. THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING is also not responsible for the content of any linked websites. Any third party websites, services accessed from the THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Service are subject to the terms and conditions of those websites or services and you as a User are responsible for determining those terms and conditions and complying with them. The presence on the THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING blog of a link to any other website(s) does not imply that THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content or use of such websites, and you hereby release THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING from all liability and/damages that may arise from your use of such websites or receipt of services from any such websites.
- MODIFICATION OF THE TERMS
THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING works hard to continuously make progress and enhance its Services. Some of these improvements and enhancements may result in changes to these THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Terms. THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING may update or change these Services, or the sections set forth in these Terms from time to time and recommend that you as a User review these PAINSOMOA Terms regularly. You as a User understand and agree that your continuous use of THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Services after these Terms have been updated or changed constitutes your acceptance of the revised THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Terms. The most current version of the THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Terms shall govern and supersede all previous versions of the Terms.
THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING reserves the right to monitor any and all use of THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Services, and investigate any activity we suspect violates these THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Terms, our rights or interest, or the interests or rights of any person or entity. THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING reserves the right, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to cooperate with any governmental authority or third party investigating conduct that may be illegal or harm any individual or any entity or violates/infringes their respective rights.
You as a User shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING (Released Party) and any of its affiliates, authors, owners, bloggers, partners and licensors from and against any and all claims, proceedings, actions, suits, liabilities, damages, settlements, fines, penalties, losses, or expenses, including attorneys’ fees, costs and disbursements, arising out of or in any way connected with your use of THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Services.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING, ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS, AND AFFILIATES WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, RELIANCE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, WHETHER IN TORT, CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF WARRANTY, STRICT LIABILITY, MISREPRESENTATION, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF OR ATTEMPT TO USE THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING’S SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, GOODWILL, REVENUE, USE, DATA, COST OR PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, EVEN IF THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Some states do not allow for the exclusion of implied warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion of liability may not apply to you. You may have other rights that vary from state to state. THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING makes no representation that the Services are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Services from other jurisdictions do so at their own will and are responsible for compliance with local law.
THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING may terminate or suspend these Terms at any time without notice to you. Without limiting the foregoing, THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING shall have the right to immediately terminate your access to the Website in the event of any conduct by you which THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING in our sole discretion, consider to be offensive or unaccepted, or in the event of any breach by you as a User of THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING of these Terms.
- GOVERNING LAW
To the extent permissible by law, all claims arising out of this Agreement between you as a User and THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING or relating to the Platform will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, excluding the application of its conflicts of law rules. Any legal action or proceeding arising out of this Agreement between you as a User and THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING or relating to this THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Platform shall be brought exclusively in a state or federal court of UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, and you submit to the personal jurisdiction of those courts for purposes of any action or proceeding to the extent permissible by law. You as a User are responsible for complying with the laws of the jurisdiction from which you are accessing the Platform. You agree that you will not access or use the information on this THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Platform in violation of such laws.
- COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT POLICY
THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING takes claims of copyright infringement seriously. We will act in response to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law. If you think that any materials accessible on or from the THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING infringes your copyright, you may ask for the removal of those materials (or access to them) from the THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Website by submitting written notification to our contact information designated below.
The Notice shall include substantially the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the copyrighted work you think or believe to have been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works on the Website, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the material you think or believe to be infringing in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material.
- Adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number, and, if available, email address).
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the written notice is accurate.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you as a person are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
- Survival: In the event of termination or expiration of these THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Terms for any reason, any provisions of these Terms that by their nature should survive termination of these THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Terms will survive termination of these Terms, unless contrary to the pertinent provisions herein stated.
- Severability: If any term or provision in these THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Terms is held to be either illegal or unenforceable, in whole or in part, under any enactment or rule of law, such term or provision or part shall to that extent be deemed not to form part of these THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Terms, but the validity and enforceability of the remainder of these Terms shall not be affected.
- Unenforceability: If any provision of these THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Terms or any word, phrase, clause, sentence, or other portion thereof should be held to be unenforceable or invalid for any reason, then provided that the essential consideration for entering into these THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Terms on the part of any Party is not unreasonably impaired, such provision or portion thereof shall be modified or deleted in such manner as to render these THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING Terms as modified legal and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted under applicable laws.
- Force Majeure: THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations hereunder where such failure results from any cause beyond THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING’s reasonable control, including, without limitation, mechanical, electronic, or communications failure or degradation.
- No Transfer: This Agreement and the rights and obligations set forth herein may not be transferred or assigned by operation of law or otherwise without the consent of each party hereto. This Agreement between you as a User and THRIVING ON A SHOESTRING is binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns.
- CONTACT INFORMATION
For any questions or concerns about your use of our Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.