Sometimes it is a real difficult task feeding picky eaters. To be honest I feel like it is a daily struggle at dinner-time. Interestingly enough though, my pickiest eater does not like spaghetti but loves cheesy lasagna! Please explain that one to me! The ingredients are not that much different from each other.
Trying to find a spaghetti alternative was originally how this recipe came about. It is quick, easy, simple, and I nearly always have almost all of the ingredients in my kitchen. There are a lot of fancy lasagna recipes out there. This one definitely is not fancy, but boy oh boy is it delicious! It doesn’t take much since it is only a two cheese lasagna and does not contain meat. However don’t let that fool you. It still packs plenty of flavor! Give it a try and leave a comment to let me know what you think.
Two Cheese Lasagna
- 1 8x8 Pyrex dish (or other oven safe dish)
- 1 jar Prego or other spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 oz Oven ready lasagna noodles
- 15 oz Ricotta cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Dried Thyme
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In an 8x8 Pyrex or other oven safe dish, spoon enough Prego spaghetti sauce into the dish so that it will cover the bottom once spread out.
- Place the oven ready lasagna noodles on top of the sauce 3 noodles wide.
- Spoon 1/3 of the ricotta cheese on top of the noodles and spread it out.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning, thyme, salt, and pepper across the ricotta cheese generously.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese on top.
- Repeat these steps until all of the sauce, noodles, ricotta cheese, and mozzarella have been used up. Make sure the very top layer is mozzarella cheese so the lasagna will get a bubbly golden crust-like layer once cooked.
- Place it in the oven and cook for 40-50 minutes.
- Once the lasagna is bubbly and hot throughout, and the top cheese layer is beginning to turn golden brown, remove it from the oven.
For more recipes on a budget, check out my post about dirt cheap meals!